Greatest Intercessors in History

Posted by 24/7 PRAYER on 11:37 AM

There was a time Moses changed God's mind. The people of Israel had sinned so greatly that God was going to destroy them all. God told Moses, "I have seen these people, and behold, it is a stiff-necked people; now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them." (Ex. 32:9,10) Then Moses pleaded with God, "Turn...and repent of this evil against thy people." (Ex. 32:12)

Pay attention to this! And the Lord repented of the evil which He thought to do unto his people. (Ex. 32:14) We can change God's mind! He commanded us to do so.

The Story of Martin Luther:
One day in 1540, Martin Luther's friend, Fredrick Myconius became deadly ill. He wrote a farewell letter to Luther. When Luther received the letter from his dying friend, he sent back this reply: "I command thee in the name of God to live because I still have need of thee in the work of reforming the church. The Lord will never let me hear that thou art dead, but will permit thee to survive me. For this I am praying. This is my will, and may my will be done because I seek only to glorify the name of God." By the time Luther's letter reached him, Frederic had already lost his ability to speak but in a short while he was well and was strong again. God answered Luther's prayer in its entirety because Frederick outlived Luther by two months.