Prayer Request: 9 March 2010

Posted by 24/7 PRAYER on 11:30 AM


PRAYER FOR THE CITY

The times we are living in are not very different from the times of Sodom and Gomorrah. There is great wickedness, sinning, oppression, cruelty and unjust treatment!!

Gen 13:13 But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly.
Gen 18:20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
Gen 18:21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.

There is hostility, perversion, sexual immorality, bloodshed, corruption and injustice.

Isa 1:10 Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.
Isa 1:11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.

The times we are living in - idolatrous, arrogant, overfed, unconcerned about the poor and needy.


Eze 16:48 As I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters.
Eze 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
Eze 16:50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

In the midst of this darkness is the CHURCH!

Its mission - TO BE A LIGHT!!!

STAND IN INTERCESSION!

CRY OUT FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS!

IN OUR CITY!

IN OUR COMMUNITY!

IN OUR FAMILIES!

IN OURSELVES!